Saturday, December 04, 2004

love and paint

Some of the guys I work with had a gunfight today. Not something reminiscent of the old west with two adversaries facing one another, bow legged, across a dusty street, with their triggers fingers twitching in anticipation over their pearl handled six-shooters. Nor was it a scene from South Central LA with warring gangs popping caps in the asses of their enemies. No, this was a fun morning of paint-ball.

The primal urges of man percolate to the surface at times like this. Caring, sensible individuals are reduced to salivating hunters.

The funniest thing to do to a friend is to convince him that he’s on your team and then ambush him and let loose with a torrent of paint balls aimed at soft parts of his body. The bumps, bruises and broken skin is to be displayed later as a badge of friendship… “look how much my mates care about me… they shot me in the groin!”

Damn… I wish I could have gone with them!

No comments: