Wednesday, July 25, 2007

My box of crap

There’s a famous movie quote that says that life is like a box of chocolates. Ever think that the box you got was somehow pushed to the back of the shelf until the expiration date had long past, the chocolates were all stale and came with such appealing names as crème-de-dog crap or turd cluster?

The last month has been pretty tough. I’ve had an angry man threaten to knock me down and then threaten that his son might also knock me down. I’ve had to step into the middle of an argument between friends that blew up over a misunderstanding. I’ve had a young guy totally blindside me in the middle of a group meeting with comments of such unabashed rebellious crap I wanted to kick his ass. And these seem to be the highlights!

Sometimes I’m sick of the fact that my car’s gas tank is in a perpetual state of emptiness and so is my wallet. I hate how my rented house has been a cold hole during winter and the shower’s water pressure is shamefully inadequate. I’m tired of dealing with other peoples crap… the kind that they refuse to deal with and it keeps on popping up, wasting my time and energy.

Thank goodness for a few mates. I spent time today with Karl who was able to empathise with some of my issues, give me some good ideas and reassure me I’m doing the right thing. And then Sam came around and we finally had a much anticipated cold beer and a bit of a yarn. Thanks guys, I needed that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Scripture does have clear guidelines about dealing with rebellious youth- something about "the gates of the town", and "stoning".

I have the stones, you find the gate.